Monday, March 2, 2009

Afternoon Out, but Not Far

Monday Sol and I had the very exciting task of foraging for food....it consisted of going downstairs in an elevator, walking 20 feet and shopping at a produce truck. It was awesome! I ate a passion fruit that the vendor opened for me, we picked out a pineapple that he cut & cleaned in front of us.
We bought fresh caught salmon that I ended up cooking for dinner. Side note: I bought fresh ginger, I sliced it up to put on the salmon for dinner (that and some crazy spicy chili pepper- yum!). I would just like to say I had no idea that ginger is supposed to be soft, supple, moist and NOT fibrous!!! I ate it RAW, yeah it's that good.
I wish I could put the smells into a mason jar, seal it and bring it home!







I don't know what the heck I'm going to eat when I get back stateside, I see myself ruined by the time I get back.....gotta go, there is a grape the size of a tangerine calling my name.



(Oh yeah and we picked up a loaf of bread)

6 comments:

  1. I am completely jealous of your "Garden of Eden" fruit. How big is that pepper? It all looks so good.

    Non-fibrous ginger? I'm dubious.

    I hope you get to venture our 50 feet the next time you go out...

    And good to see that ALBB hasn't caught the attention of the Malaysian Army. But let's face it, they are no match for ALBB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Takin it to the streets. Now THAT's what I'm talkin' bout!!!!! You had me transported into the aromatics and picking out the goods right along with you....awesome...;)

    Congrats on the birth. Mom has now literally earned some stars in the ranks of motherhood****and I salute her! I had back labor with Ian. It felt like someone was kicking my lower back with steel-toed-army-boots with every contraction. Maybe that's why Ian has such a mellow disposition to this day...guilt!

    Just for the record, EVERYBODY in Malaysia knows about ALBB...word got out about his "flight manners" and he bumped Chris & Rhianna off the front page! Hhm, ALBB just has them all stepped back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Food descriptions! I smell carrot-ginger soup! Boy sure wanna taste some "real" food. ALBB's gonna come home more rosy cheeked than he already is! BTW how's the new kid on the Kuala Lampur Block? Do we get to see the reason for our vicarious trip to the Orient?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh can you bring back any of the ginger?? :-) Sounds DE-LISH! I love that stuff!!

    ReplyDelete