Monday, March 16, 2009

The Momma Brunch

My dear friend and her baby were officially 2 weeks together as "New Babe & Momma Again" on Sunday. She has spent the majority of her postpartum in bed, or on the couch breastfeeding. She had one exciting filled day in the hospital 11 days postpartum to have a piece of strongly adhered placenta removed. (Loads of no fun, the placenta was complete upon examination after the birth, this bit was a lobe that no one could have ever guessed was left behind.)



What is a better way to celebrate the momentous occasion such as a successful homebirth? Brunch at the Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur my dear breeders and non-breeders. The momma gets out, she is guaranteed a comfy chair for the lovely lady lumps, and the place is 5 stars....which here means you can breastfeed in public and they won't bat an eye.



http://www.smarttravelasia.com/images/Malaysia/KLRitzCarltonExt.jpg



We arrived late due to breastfeeding, diapering, clothing malfunctions (it happens whenever two momma's try to go out sans children, never mind with children too.) We had missed brunch (bummer!), but me being the foodie I am asked the waitress to ask the chef if "he'd indulge me and make me 2Belgium waffles and cheese eggs scrambled?". He did, I had a SPOT ON Irish Coffee and my dear friend's eyes rolled in ecstasy over her veggie lasagna. The baby nursed and slept, and we chatted about the up's and downs of young (newish) motherhood...the pain and pleasure of childbirth and what lay ahead....



The jazz ensemble was perfectly moving through a little of Coltrane, Benson and Parker....they played "Just the Way You Are", and since no one else was in the dinning room I sang along quite loudly. (It ended with applause from the band & hostess and asking if I knew anything else...ahh lets NOT)




The day ended with all of us by the pool, A.L.B.B. learning to doggie paddle and me "racing" the kids back and forth the length of the pool. Not a shabby way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...a 'business meeting' and 'consultation' at the Ritz Kuala Lampur!


    ROCK DA HOWZZZZEE....

    ReplyDelete