Sunday, March 1, 2009

I Slept, Woke Up / She Labored, She Had A Baby!

Well, I had a lovely first day in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. I managed a good 10 hours of sleep, and to my surprise found my friend having contractions!

Her contractions started at 6:30am, I woke up at 8am, the kids went to go play with the downstairs neighbor around noon. Not long after, laboring courageously through back labor, she and her hubby had a gorgeous baby boy at 3:10pm. He was born in water in the standard homebirth family kiddie pool.

I wanted to take pictures during labor, her son Miles running around with A.L.B.B. while she moaned and walked around. I wanted to capture her tenacity as she cursed through THE worst pain in labor. ( I had back labor with Zahn and it sucked) My camera, which arrived the night before at 9pm with THE bag, was dead- dead batteries!

I will upload the families approved photos soon! They are in bed now, enjoying that new baby smell and just resting from the oober productive day.

I give thanks for being able to do this work....no matter what nation, country, or island!

3 comments:

  1. Hurray for the beautiful baby boy!!! Well, since you got there just in time... It looks like you will get a little vacationing in before returning home. Let us know... But I'm gonna be calling Sol 'Obama Gossett' since he's become a regular globe trotter to the far east! Love you, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey rasha!
    so glad so hear you guys landed safe and sound and even did a birth ALREADY!!! can't wait to see the pictures. hope you are having an amazing time, i'm completely jealous. love and miss you guys!
    jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm Okay so I am having a hard time trying to post... So lets hope this makes it.. So that is fantastic that she had the baby I thought she wasnt due for another week, but that gives you more time to see the country. ( hey is it a country???) Okay anyway ALBB looks like he enjoyed that flight and movie. I am happy that yall made it safe and that things are going well. When you go into town see if they have any Fake Louies hahahahah I am always retarded in case you are wondering. I am still not rocking an weaves!!! hahah Natural hair for me ( I have no $$$ real reason) hahah Well Sha' Sha' I will hit you up later! Miss ya

    ReplyDelete