Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Can I get some ravaging HOT chilies with that? Thanks!


"Penang Village", a franchise, in a fancy (think back to the spot w/Cartier, Hermes, Tiffany's) mall. Seeing how I ate at a street spot yesterday I wanted to give all aspects of KL a chance. The quote seen above is what greets you when you first walk in, the restaurant is beautiful. Dim orange lights, chandaliers, velvet overstuffed chairs & booths. (My personal FAVE- you can NEVER go wrong w/a booth) The linens were exquisite batiks, silks and simple cotton gauze...I would have stayed in to eat there but I had the boys in tow and we had just finished grocery shopping. (Yeah, in the mall) So, loaded down with heavy bags I placed my order "Take Away"


(Funky wall art, cement bricks with sticks balancing bowls, I like it)









Very simply put, Tuesday I had some "down home Penang" style Malaysian, soup? It was Asam Laksa which is a bowl of thick white rice noodles (udon) , served in a soup made of fish meat, prawns, tamarind, onion, basil, mint, pineapple and cucumber in slivers and slices of little scary green peppers! (There is a lot of tamarind in the food here) It was hot as all get out, and I loved it....think Asian Seafood Gumbo with thick oodon noodles.....You know something is spicy when you have to put on chap-stick first before you eat it!!! lol





No comments:

Post a Comment