Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Can Go Home...Now


So I didn't make it to a KH, I didn't make it to the branch, I didn't even make it to the countryside where batiks are made and you can buy them still warm from the wax.....but, in the top 5 things I wanted to do before I left Malaysia, I did make it to the BEACH!



Port Dickson, it's 1.5hrs drive from KL and has all kinds of cool history....unfortunately all I cared about was laying in warm white sand, frolicking in warm water and turning a lovely shade of chocolate. We got a taxi ride from the father of one of the women that works in the condo. So with ONE very large bag packed (I refused to be a pack mule), and A.L.B.B & little buddy Miles in tow we made our way. Once we arrived (11-ish in the am) we quickly figured out that the public beach was both dirty (crazy unmentionables folks), and without public restrooms. With two little boys, one potty trained and the other circling the idea I NEEDED the restroom factor. So we booked a room at a 4 star hotel that I had heard good reviews about. The decor was very traditional East Asian, sharp lines, A line roofs, dark woods everywhere with amazing engraving.





After getting settled in the room, the boys had their lunch on our "Garden View" patio. Here they are noshing on PB&J and Korean Strawberries!






The Beach







Helping Miles take a picture of me, at least the suit is cute- thanks Targ-ay




In an abstract effort to work our way back to the room to eventually shower, dress and pack up to leave....we went to the pool. A.L.B.B thinks he can swim now, with that little vest on he doggie paddles the whole pool!



A.L.B.B having a bit of my fresh (I watched them juice it) Starfruit Water





Good Bye Selesa Beach & Resort!


Ok So:
  • 1.5 hr taxi two ways $200 Ringgit (A gift from my lovely host)
  • Tip for GREAT taxi driver $50 Ringgit
  • 4 Star Beach & Resort stay for 4hrs $198 Ringgit
  • One FRESH Starfruit water $12 Ringgit
  • Total : $460 Ringgit = $ USD $124.92


Playing on the beach with my kid in Malaysia.... PRICELESS!

2 comments: